Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ari Fest 2013

This weekend was a fun-filled, lady-filled, silly fest with some of the best gals ever, to send the lady of honor off to a new adventure out in upstate New York.  
It started off with the most delicious brunch at the Dome. We decorated it with paper whales and twinkle lights. Starting with Bloody Mary's, baked french toast and lots of fruit.
We really lucked out with the weather, 70 degrees and sunny in SF is a rare occurrence, so we walked over to Delores Park and enjoyed mimosas and life. 
Our third stop on this train was my house, where we had some snacks and of course more drinks. I provided us with Tito's Vodka, because,  in case you didn't know, I am originally from Texas, as is Titos. I felt it only natural to have a little southern flavor. I was so pleased we got to use my backyard, I rarely spend time out there.
At my house, things started getting pretty silly, so of course at that time we played the best game ever. No really, that's the name of the game. It starts with a sentence, then the next person draws a picture depicting that sentence, and folds the sentence back. Then the next person writes a sentence describing the picture and so forth. The best part is at the end when you unfold the paper and get see how the original has changed into something completely different.
We finished our night with Dark and Stormy's and Chinese food at Bonview, my home away from home. We painted our nails (which had to be redone the next morning) and watched Easy A and Newsies, before passing out.  But the night did not end our fest, because the next morning consisted of more champagne and a bagel brunch!
And brunch was followed by the second best game ever called Cards Against Humanity.  If you haven't played it I highly suggest you check it out. A must play by everyone! This was definitely one of the best weekends I've had in SF. I'm so sad to see Ari go, but am looking forward to future visits to see her and for her to see us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment